This week has been so crazy that I just realized I haven't update the blog in a while. So here's what's been happening:
Basement clean-up continues. We got rid of another van full of stuff, and have gone through the majority of toys/games/books. There is still stuff in the back room that will probably go but we need to wait until Christmas decorations have been gotten out and then put back, since everything back there will have to be crunched and stacked into corners for the actual finishing project. Other than that and some furniture that will need to go, we're in pretty good shape.
Sam had a fall on Wednesday that turned out a little worse than his usual falls. He jumped off the pool table in the basement, hit a piece of styrofoam on the way down, and I'm pretty sure he landed with his 2nd toe curled under his foot. They iced it when it happened (Ben was home with the kids), and didn't think too much more about it. He was limping, but every time we looked at the toe it didn't really look bad. Plus he can be quite the drama king about his injuries.
But the when he got up Thursday morning, he was still limping and in some pain. Now the toe looked purple and swollen somewhat. So we gave him Motrin, put his largest shoe on the foot loosely, and I walked him to school (per his request which never happens) to tell his teacher about it and get him a free pass to sit out gym if he needed to. Throughout the day at school, some colleagues had me convinced we should get an x-ray in case he broke a bone higher in his foot. But by after school, he was walking much better, and the swelling has gone down. This morning it looks more purple but less swollen, and his limp is still much better than yesterday. So we're assuming nothing is broken. We're just going to keep our eye on it for now. It would be nice if I could say I think he learned a lesson about his reckless behavior, but I'm pretty sure he did not.
The kids are spending the weekend at Rita and Darrell's so Ben and I can Christmas shop - I've been spending evenings developing our plan of attack, and hopefully get the kids stuff completely done on Saturday. Tonight we are going out with Andy and Lisa for a much needed break. Both Ben and I have had very stressful weeks at work and our looking forward to having a relaxing weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment