

This afternoon was the Marysville Christmas parade. Maria was in the parade with the PAtty Beery School of Dance. This year she got to dress up as one of the Gingerbread girls, which she was very happy about. Last year, she was a toy soldier, and even though both our family and the Smiths went to the parade to see her, we all missed her go by. So this year we made certain we had a good picture before the parade even started. We ended up on the opposite side of the street as last year, though, and Maria anticipated us on the same side. So she was on the opposite side as us in the parade which made taking pictures difficult, once again.
It was very cold today, 30 degrees with wind chills around 20, so we bundled up a lot. Maria tried to guess what she could wear under her costume, and in the end I had to give her my layer of running tights that she could wear under the red striped tights the studio gave her to wear. I also gave her my ear warmer - she chose to bring a hat instead (even though I suggested otherwise), and the hat did not work well under the costume. But that meant I was able to wear her hat, so I wasn't too cold. And Maria was warm enough too, especially since the girls dance routines on the parade route to music pumped from a nearby truck. It even snowed throughout the entire parade, which made is seem very Christmas-y.
After two parades two Sundays n a row, I will be happy to stay warm and cozy and inside next Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment