Sunday, February 19, 2012

Time for Change

Last night we learned that the kids' piano teacher is going to stop teaching lessons in April.  This was hard news for us, as both Maria and Sam love Missy, and I'm pretty sure their love (Maria) and like (Sam) of piano playing is due to their teacher.  Missy has made piano playing fun while teaching them the skills they need.  She has always been great at working with our schedule and communicating with Ben and I when needed.  Missy started Maria on piano in the summer of 2005, and Sam started in the summer of 2009, and is the only piano teacher they've had.  I guess what I'm trying to say is we're going to miss her.  A lot.  The kids both shed some tears when we told them this afternoon.  Here is what Missy wrote about them in her email alerting us of this change:

Your kids have been an absolute JOY to teach! That’s what makes this so hard. I just love them to pieces. Maria is hard-working, diligent, with a lot of personal drive. She has turned from a little sweetheart to a beautiful young lady before my very eyes! Sam has fun with piano, as only a little guy can, while having the tenacity and determination of his sister. I look forward to his lesson every week! We laugh and enjoy our time together. Your kids have stolen my heart which makes this really hard.

So tomorrow we start looking for a new piano teacher, and are hopeful that this will be an easy transition for the kids.

No comments: