Today started out just like yesterday. We were at the park by 7:00 and walked right on to Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. We had breakfast at The Three Broomsticks and then hit the Spiderman ride again. Both if these rides are super popular, and we all loved them both. But the boys liked Spiderman more (the 3-D was the deciding factor) and Maria and I liked Harry Potter better.
We hit some other rides too - Poseidon's Fury, woody woodpecker, ET, and two more times through Men in Black before having lunch at Mel's Diner. Then we ran into some trouble. The kids wanted Ben to go through ET (he sat it out the first time because he thought it might make him sick, but it turned out to be pretty mild). But ET was broken, so Sam and I went to do the Simpsons ride again, and that was broken too. Defeated, hot, and tired, we headed back to the hotel.
Ben went to the pool, but the kids stayed in the room with me. Sam even fell asleep. Around 5:00 we headed back to the park to visit everyone's favorite rides again. The wait for Harry Potter was 75 minutes, and Maria wanted to do it again, so she and I waited in line while the boys headed over to Marvel island to do the Spiderman ride again. They even got to see Spiderman himself! Maria and I only waited an hour, and we really enjoyed a slower pace through the castle - we saw several things we missed the first few times.
Once we all met up again, we headed to the other park, where we finally got to ride ET, Sam and I did The Simpsons, and the three of us rode Men in Black. We finally headed back to the hotel around 9:30.
This trip to Universal was a huge hit. Ben and I enjoyed ourselves too, even though so many rides are motion simulators that don't go well with Ben's motion sickness. So I was the parent who rode all the rides with the kids, which was the opposite the way these trips usually go for us, but I had a blast riding all the rides with the kids.


No comments:
Post a Comment