Here we are, 36 hours after the crazed opening of Christmas gifts and it always surprises me what the kids end up playing with the most. Even with spending the afternoon traveling to Tiffin to visit my grandparents, we've been home enough for me to notice the gifts they keep going back to. here are my observations:
1. They LOVE the small stuffed Gingerbread girl and boy that Jaynie Lambert gave Ben when he bought some jewelry for me at their store. The kids slept with the Gingerbread girl/boy, taken them everywhere, and are currently in the basement setting up some kind of wagon ride and house for them. They have even named them, but the names are so painfully obvious that I can't even force myself to type them.
2. Piranha Panic game is also a big hit. It was for Maria, but I have played it with Sam more. He loves to make the piranhas attack the poor fish.
3. Their Nintendo DS games they love, but that one I at least expected. Plus with all the time in the car today there weren't a lot of other options.
4. The Wii games they tire of quickly - I think its mainly because they take some getting used to, and we need to buy another nun chuck so that we can all play them together.
5. And lastly, I thought I was making a great purchase by getting Disney Scene It 2nd edition for the whole family to play. Sam loves the Scene it games, but can't take part in much because he is too young to have seen a lot of the movies. This one advertised to include more recent movies, like Cars and Ratatouille. We played tonight, and most questions were from Pinocchio and The Sword and the Stone. Ben and I couldn't even answer the majority of questions. So that was a big disappointment, but there's usually something I get that I am disappointed with later.
We have tomorrow at home. Wendy and Mike were going to visit but now our visits to my parents will overlap this weekend so we can exchange gifts then. The Culligan people are coming to install the new water softener - we can't wait. The water has seemed so disgusting now that we know its hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment