Monday, February 2, 2009

Another Stomach Bug

This morning Maria woke me at 3:30ish saying she had a stomach ache and thought she was going to be sick. Eventually she was, and said she felt better, but after we went back to bed she got up again about 45 minutes later. So about 5:00 we decided to stay up and I put in for a sub for the day. She started to run a low-grade fever, which she finally took Motrin for around 8:00. Once the Motrin kicked in, she tried some dry cereal for breakfast and has been perfectly normal ever since.

I don't know if it was a super short bug or something she ate last night. We had our special Super Bowl dinner - a Team platter from Boston's with potato skins, chicken wings, pizza, and mozzarella sticks. Not exactly healthy, but it's one night a year. We all ate the same food, though, and everyone else was fine.

The bummer about the timing was that the kids were supposed to have a double play date with Makenna and Gage - they were going to go home with Dolly after school and be brought back around 7:00. And Ben and I were going to take advantage and go out to dinner. So we cancelled since only Sam could go, and rescheduled for next week. It's also ironic that we have been home for the last 5 days, and everyone was healthy. When it's time to go back to school, that's when Maria gets sick!

On an up note, I was able to get online to get the last of our 1099's, and then completed our taxes on Turbo Tax while Maria was stilling feeling bad this morning. First time I've done them by myself, but Turbo Tax does make it easy and I was done in a little less than two hours. Yay!

Cute Sam moment: He decided to root for the Cardinals in the Super Bowl last night because "they look kinda like the Redhawks." The fact that Big Ben actually was a Redhawk - not exactly common for a Super Bowl team - was not going to sway his decision in the least. But as Dugo pointed out, at least he didn't pick the Cardinals because they're the same color as the Buckeyes!

No comments: