Sunday, February 8, 2009

Party Boxes

For their Valentine party at school, each child makes their own box/bag to collect Valentines in and then brings it to school with them on party day. Between that and addressing 20+ Valentines, this can be a lot of work. Or it is for Maria, who carefully plans out her box - colors, designs, numbers and sizes of hearts needed, etc. She started when she was home sick on Monday and finished it one day later in the week. Her boxes have gotten better over the years, as she gets older and can do more things. But she always spent a lot of time on her box and tried to make it look really nice. Here is her box for this year:


Sam, on the other hand, is not into making his box look that great. He won't even let me cover it with colored paper to cover up the "Converse" from the shoes the box used to carry. I can say that the decorations on his box were designed and executed entirely on his own. I thought maybe it was only half done, until I asked him about it tonight and he told me in no uncertain terms that the box is finished and will be going to school just like that on Friday. But it's his box, and if he's happy with it, then so am I. This is his box:


Another example for me on the difference between boys and girls. At least my boy and girl.

No comments: