Saturday, March 21, 2009

Not Much to Blog About

I'm sure if you read this blog frequently you have noticed a decrease in my posts the past several weeks. So have I, and I think there are a few reasons for it. So here they are:

1. Not a lot is going on here. We are enjoying a lull between basketball and soccer seasons for Sam, and Maria's life will get crazy with recital dress rehearsals and piano recital in a few weeks, but right now, life is just business as usual.

2. One of my children is an avid reader of this blog, and I'm sure the other child will be there soon. It sometimes limits topics I would like to vent about, or even stories that adults might find more amusing than the children would (especially if they are the star of the story).

3. Ben and I continue to exercise about 5 out of 7 days a week. He runs outside now, and I walk/jog on the treadmill. With each of us needing between 30 minutes to an hour to do this daily, and the other adult handling kids/dinner/etc., it cuts down on my free time in the evening to blog. Then when I do get the time later in the evening, the story no longer seems as amusing, or I'm just too tired. This does has an up side, though, as I have lost 10 pounds since January 1 and I think Ben has lost a little bit more than that. It feels good to be healthy (and to fit into my old jeans).

4. Facebook and Twitter are also time-consuming habits, although more for Ben than me. But once I have updated my status on each of those sites, I get tired of repeating myself on the blog too. I'm still trying to find the balance between using these sites.

So I think this lull will end soon as there is more going on here. Life being ho-hum is actually a bit of a blessing, in that we are all doing well and there are no problems to report. But I do intend to start blogging more frequently, since it serves as a bit of a scrapbook for our family.

No comments: