Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sam's 8th Birthday Party





Yesterday we celebrated Sam's 8th birthday. The official day isn't until Wednesday, but we had both the friend and family party yesterday.

We started with a friend party at Field Sports Ohio. The kids got to play on inflatables for a half hour, followed by a half hour of an organized field sport (Sam chose baseball), and then cake and the opening of gifts. Very few parents replied to the RSVP request, so I was afraid we would have a very small group. I was expecting 8 kids, 13 showed up. Thanks goodness I had 12 favors ready, and Maria went without (Sam's theme this year was Mario). I was really glad that only two kids didn't come, but some response on their parents' part would have been nice. The kids all had fun, but 8-year-old boys sure are wild. I'm so relieved I didn't try to host them at my house!

Afterward, we came back home for the family party. Both sets of grandparents joined us, and the weather was perfect for being outside. Sam got to open his family gifts, and then we ate pizza and had ice cream sundaes (since we already had eaten cake at the afternoon party). Sam got plenty of cool gifts, including LEGO sets and games, a new camera, and a Nintendo DSi that we has been wanting for quite a while.

All in all, I think Sam had a blast and it was another successful birthday party. And I'm glad I have quite a while until we have to start planning another party.

No comments: