Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving


We had another great Thanksgiving this year. We were fortunate that everyone could travel to be here with us, including Ben's parents, my parents, and my sister Wendy and her family. The meal turned out great, and Maria did a lot of my cooking this year - the only thing I do with the turkey is lift it for her and pull out the guts. Ben started off the morning running in the Flying Feather 4-Miler, but I chose not to run so I could stay here - I just love our tradition of cooking with my daughter and then watching the parade with both kids. Ben did well, and the very rainy day took a break while the run was going on, which was a huge relief.

We spent the rest of the weekend getting stuff done and having time to relax too. We got the Christmas decorations up Friday, even though Sam had some kind of stomach bug he was able to help some (he never really helps a lot). Saturday we went to see the Harry Potter movie (which was awesome) and out to dinner, and today we watched Ben and Sam in the Milford Center Christmas parade (Ben with the band, Sam with the Cub Scouts). No one really wants to go back to school tomorrow, but time always flies in these short weeks between now and Christmas!

No comments: