Friday, April 1, 2011

SB 2011: Day 5: At Sea

This morning we let the kids sleep in.  Ben still ran, and I still  had coffee on the veranda, although after Pirate night I was feeling a little rough around the edges.  At 10:00, the kids were still asleep, and they were going to miss breakfast.  More importantly, I was going to miss breakfast.  So I woke them at 10:00 and we slowly made our way to Cabanas.

We spent what was left of the morning taking care of some little things before we got off the boat tomorrow, like looking at our pictures at Shutters (we bought only two, but you could certainly spend a fortune there), and shopped as this was the only full day the shops were open.  The kids also did a "Midship Detective Agency" activity, which required them to find clues at each moving picture on all decks, and then use the clues to solve a mystery.  It allowed them some freedom to walk around the ship, and they each had a different mystery to solve even though they traveled together.

We spent some of the afternoon at the pool, where the kids rode the Aqua Duck for the last time and we ate a late lunch at the snack bars.  After a while we dropped the kids went to the Oceaneer club while Ben and I went back to the room and packed (I did sneak in a quick nap, for the first time on our trip).  Later we picked the kids up, and then took all four kids to the show while the Holthouses had their massage.  Tonight's show was called "Disney's Believe," and was awesome again.  Dinner was at the Enchanted Garden, and was delicious again.  The boys went to the Oceaneer club for a short while after dinner, but the girls stayed with us and had dessert.  Then we the girls and Ben and Kathy headed back to the rooms to put out our luggage to be picked up by Disney people, and Ross and I picked up the boys.  We all met back at the lobby to take family pictures for each other and say goodbye.  We all agreed it was an an incredible vacation, and promised the kids we would get together again before too long.  The girls especially became very close friends over the last few days.



It was very sad to say goodbye not only to the Holthouses (who we'll see again), but also the ship (who knows when we might do this again).  But being sad about leaving means that everyone had a great time.  Sam told me he wanted to live on the ship, and they didn't even have a Play Station!

No comments: