Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Random Updates

Here's what's been going on here:

Sam's front lower tooth is finally quite loose - he showed it to me after school. I'm hoping it will come out very soon so that permanent tooth behind it can slide into place. Maybe I will have to help it along!

It's snowing here - we are supposed to get 10 inches by the time it's done tomorrow afternoon. I'll believe it when I see it, but school for tomorrow is already closed. It's Day 6, which means we make it up, but what can you do? Ben took Maria to piano and he said the roads aren't too bad yet.

We had Sam's parent/teacher conference yesterday - the first one of the year. Basically, he's doing well academically (he's reached the end of year goals in almost all categories), with a few small things he could work on. He needs to look for the Popcorn words on the Word Wall and spell them correctly, and he guesses quickly at words he cannot read instead of taking time to see if the words make sense. Also, he still gets distracted easily, and needs to sit near the teacher to keep on task. He doesn't cause trouble, he's just more interested in everything around him rather than what the teacher is saying. This is all very believable to me - it's exactly how he acts at home. Ben and I are trying to decide if it's possible to work on making him more attentive, but haven't come up with anything yet. Overall, we're very pleased he's doing so well.

Maria continues to do Wii Fit a lot. Ben and I play some each night, but Maria tends to rack up more than an hour's worth each day. It's going well - Ben likes the Yoga and I like the step aerobics. I'd like to start strength training but end up doing the aerobics and then run out of time! Only occasionally do I get the urge to punch the talking Balance Board. Maybe he should try working full time and raising a family, and see how much time he has to exercise!

No comments: