Last night we spent New Year's Eve next door with Andy and Lisa and family. As always, we had a great time, and all the kids made it to midnight. Lindsey was pretty grumpy that last hour, but she is three. Sam saved his meltdown until just after midnight, when it was time to clean up and head home anyway. We got home around 12:30, with the kids in bed by 12:45. Of course, Maria was still up early - I got up at 8:30 and she was already up. Sam slept until 9:45, so hopefully he'll make it through the day.
We also went ice skating yesterday afternoon, which is our tradition the last few years. Maria did great, Sam did well but fell a lot and was done after a hard fall on his knee after about 40 minutes, and I had skates that gave me a huge blister on my foot and so I was ready to be done after a half hour. Sam and I sat in the car for about 30 minutes while Ben and Maria finished skating.
And if you were wondering, the cable crisis was averted. Right after ringing in the new year, we switched to Nickelodeon and saw that it was still on. Later we learned that Viacom and Time Warner did come to an agreement at the last minute. Thank goodness!
No comments:
Post a Comment