I hope I didn't alarm you by the title of this post, because chances are that this will not seem like a crisis to you. But it seems like one to us, particularly the kids, and especially with 4 more days at home on Christmas break.
This morning Maria interrupted my peaceful cup of coffee with a tearful announcement. "They're going to take away Nickelodeon and 18 other channels at midnight." She had read the big scrolling message at the bottom of her Nicktoons show. And I mean she was really upset. I told her I was sure it was a scare tactic and that it would most likely never happen. I also came out to look at the TV with her, to copy down the phone number so that we could complain. At the time, I really thought it would never happen, and I just wanted to drink my coffee before dealing with anything.
But upon reading the message, I learned that it wasn't just Nickelodeon and Nicktoons. It was also Comedy Central. And I really don't think I can live without The Daily Show and Jon Stewart. And no Nickelodeon and Nicktoons for the kids would be bad - they watch a lot of Nick. In fact, its the only kid channel they watch. Now I was slightly alarmed. So Maria and I Googled it, and sure enough, Viacom and Time Warner cannot agree. One article I read said it would cost Time Warner costumers an extra $.23 a month. I would pay a lot more than that a month! So Ben made our phone call so that our voice was heard, but as of late this afternoon nothing has changed. We assured the kids that they would not be without Nick forever - that we would change providers if needed. But that it would take time to do that.
There could be a bit of a black cloud hanging over 2009 if the kids get up in the morning and there is no Nick. No Spongebob. No icarly. No Drake and Josh. And no peace for Mom and Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment