Sunday, December 14, 2008

Best Christmas Pageant Ever...Over




Right now Maria is performing her last of six shows playing Gladys in The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. It has been a wonderful experience for her, allowing her to really grow as an actress and a lot of fun too. We've had lots of people come see the show, including both sets of grandparents, teachers and friends from school, and almost 20 family friends. Even though the last 6 weeks have been crazy with practices and performances, it was well worth it and I'd do it again.

So I hope it doesn't sound rude to say that I am glad it's over. Yes, I would do it again, but now am ready for a break. Between planning around all of the practices and performances, arranging for tickets for everyone to get a chance to see her, and making sure homework, etc, is done before she leaves, I am ready to be done. The worst part? Her hair. I don't know if you can tell from these pictures, but her hair is supposed to look really bad. To get this result I have to tease and spray, a lot. She has a lot of hair, and its hard to get it to stand up. Then sometimes it still doesn't look good (bad) enough, so we have to spray and tease some more. When she gets home, she spends at least 20 minutes in the shower trying to wash all that spray out, then we have to get out all the tangles. It takes forever, and is fairly painful for Maria. I will schedule a trim as soon as possible to deal with all the spit ends that we made.

Guess who's not ready for the show to be over? Maria. She loves performing and is sad this will be the last show. In fact, I plan to not talk about it tonight so I don't make her upset. At least we have Christmas to look forward to!

No comments: