Today we finally got some decent snow here. The storm started around 9:00 this morning, and we were released from school at 1:15. Around noon our county went on a Level 1 snow emergency, and that's still the case. The forecast called for 2-4 inches, but we have about 6 inches now and it's not supposed to stop until midnight. That's when the wind will start, and the snow is so light and fluffy I'm sure drifting will be quite a problem tomorrow. And the wind chill, which will be around 15 below. I'm guessing we'll be out of school tomorrow, but can't be certain yet. The kids went outside by themselves for about 45 minutes this afternoon, and did some shoveling (their choice!), made snow angels, rolled down the hill, and played on the swing set. Ben went out later to use the snow blower before it got dark. I stayed inside and took care of hot chocolate, wet snow clothes, and cooking dinner.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Snow!
Today we finally got some decent snow here. The storm started around 9:00 this morning, and we were released from school at 1:15. Around noon our county went on a Level 1 snow emergency, and that's still the case. The forecast called for 2-4 inches, but we have about 6 inches now and it's not supposed to stop until midnight. That's when the wind will start, and the snow is so light and fluffy I'm sure drifting will be quite a problem tomorrow. And the wind chill, which will be around 15 below. I'm guessing we'll be out of school tomorrow, but can't be certain yet. The kids went outside by themselves for about 45 minutes this afternoon, and did some shoveling (their choice!), made snow angels, rolled down the hill, and played on the swing set. Ben went out later to use the snow blower before it got dark. I stayed inside and took care of hot chocolate, wet snow clothes, and cooking dinner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment