

This weekend we are in Geneva visiting my parents. Ben and my Dad were supposed to golf, but it was 45 degrees and a chilly wind, so we all went to the movies instead, and saw Monsters vs. Aliens in 3-D. The kids had been seeing advertisements for months, and were excited it finally made it to the theaters. And it was their first 3-D movie, not including a couple of amusement park experiences. I was hoping to just stay awake through the whole thing (I have trouble at afternoon kid movies).
It was actually very entertaining. I liked that it featured a heroine for a change, and one who found her independence and realized she did not need to rely on a man for her identity. An important message for my almost 10 year old daughter. Also, very funny and great voices - especially Stephen Colbert as the President.
The one downside, though, was the additional cost of the 3-D experience, and judging by the previews, it seems like many upcoming kids' movies are following this trend. And it just seems like another shameless money making ploy aimed to victimize the parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment