Sunday, June 14, 2009

Disney Day 4

Today was difficult because everything revolved around the show schedules at Hollywood Studios, and the kids all wanted to do different things. Also, it was the last day of Star Wars weekends, and it was crowded! It was a crazy morning of trading tickets to get Fast Passes, different people going to different shows, and huge crowds. Ben and Andy were able to get right on the Aerosmith Rockin Roller Coaster since everyone at the park (including Lisa and I and all 4 kids) were in line to get Fast Passes for the brand new Toy Story Mania. But we got right into it a few hours later, and it really was very cool.
All 8 of us saw Muppet Vision in 3D, and Mason, Maria, Lisa and I rode Star Tours (Star Wars flight simulator). Ben and Sam did the Great Movie Ride while Andy and Lindsey saw Playhouse Disney. We rushed lunch (and cancelled a reservation) so that we could get to Jedi Training Academy in time, but the crowd was crazy and none of our kids were chosen to participate. And did I mention it was hot? So hot!

So we saw the cool Stunt show and then headed back to hotel for afternoon swimming. We had dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern at Magic Kingdom, which was family style and so good, and all 8 of us got to sit togther for our last dinner. One last ride on Haunted Mansion and Sam, Ben and I returned to hotel. Maria stayed with Smiths to see parade and fireworks again. Ben and Sam swam and then we watched Magic Kingdom fireworks from our balcony.

Even though we're beat and sick of sunscreen, sweat, and crowds of people, we're a little sad to be heading home tomorrow night. It has been a really fun vacation. Not what I would call relaxing, though!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: