Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day


Even though yesterday was officially Father's Day, the kids were so excited about their gifts for Ben, and knew we'd be out of town for the weekend, so we decided to go ahead and let him open the gifts Friday evening. We had done some painting at Color Me Mine - Sam made him a shark to put on his desk, Maria painted a coffee mug (yellow) and I painted a travel coffee mug. I think he was kind of surprised, even though Sam let it slip the day we went to paint and told Ben where we had been - at least he didn't know what we had made!

Then yesterday, after we returned form Oxford, I told Ben he could watch the U.S. Open all afternoon, or nap, or whatever. The kids played on their own, so it wasn't like it was difficult for me (I was able to sneak in a nap too). Then for dinner, Ben's choice was Chipotle, so three of us had that (Sam had McDonald's), and we had a picnic at Glacier Ridge Park in Dublin. It's a really nice park, and the kids were able to play on a different playground, since we had never been there before.

All in all, I think Ben had a pretty good day.

No comments: