I know I haven't blogged in over a week. A combination of not many blog-worthy activities going on and no time - between Ben's band schedule, the kids' evening activities, plus helping Sam with homework each evening and trying to work out 4 days a week, sometimes there is just no time. I did get out by myself for Book Club this week, which I really enjoy and am so happy we continue to do even with everyone's busy schedules. So here are some of my random thoughts this week:
1. A great book - The Help by Kathryn Stockett. A recent book club pick and all three of us thoroughly enjoyed it.
2. Speaking of entertainment - a new show Ben and I like: Modern Family. Probably the only comedy that causes us to laugh out loud, and a great stress reliever.
3. H1N1 flu is getting scary. Sickness in our district is better this week than last, but rumors and news reports can really worry me. Wish this vaccine for otherwise healthy children would hurry up and get here.
4. I've hit the wall on marching season - and I'm not even the one spending all the time in the cold rain. Won't be over until November 7 with the band going to state contest.
5. Miami Homecoming is tomorrow. The kids get to play kid instruments on the field with us for the first time ever - Maria is excited, even wearing her Miami sweatshirt to school today. Sam is indifferent, and will probably ask where we are going when I get him up at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning. (Sam's lack of attention is starting to concern me sometimes, but that's another topic for another day.) And it'll be the biggest Alumni band in the history of Miami Alumni band, although we didn't quite make it to our 200 marchers (for our bicentennial) goal.
No comments:
Post a Comment