Monday, December 14, 2009

Art Show



Tonight was Ben's band concert, and the art classes always put on an "Art Show" for parents to look at before the concert. Maria's class were told they could make something for it if they liked, so one day after school last week she created her "Christmas Star" in less than an hour and brought it in to her art teacher. She had no idea that there were awards given, and was thrilled that she got first place for 3-D art in the elementary school.

Then today after school we got a note from Sam's art teacher saying one of his creations had been chosen by her to be displayed. The kids and I hadn't planned to go to tonight's concert, but I wanted to see their artwork. So when Sam and I picked up Maria at the elementary from Destination Imagination, we snuck onto the stage during basketball practice so we could see their work. It was pretty dark, and that's why Sam's picture is slightly out of focus. His is a "Self Portrait."

Anyway, I thought I would share their creations with you.

No comments: