


Christmas at the Keller house was another fun-filled extravaganza this year. We again were blessed to have both sets of grandparents here on Christmas Eve and Christmas day to celebrate with us. The usual traditions were intact, including Christmas Eve dinner of minestrone soup and sandwiches, singing carols at the piano (both kids played some this year), and opening one gift (new pajamas and a book). The kids went to bed at 10:00, and were up Christmas morning at 7:00. I expected they would sleep in a little since it was so dark out, but between the crazy wind and Maria's cold, they were up early.
By 9:00 everyone was up and the unwrapping could start. By 9:30, it was all over. All of the preparation for such a little bit of time in the end. The kids seemed pleased - their big gift this year was a Play Station 3, which I think was a surprise. But they also had some other favorites - Sam's LEGO Power Miners Crystal Sweeper was a huge hit, as was Maria's new coat and Mind Flex game. They have also been playing with Shrinky Dinks quite a bit (especially Maria), and their new Play Station games - Tony Hawk skateboarding and Little Big Planet. The Wii games have taken a backseat so far - there's even one Wii game that has yet to be opened.
A great day, all in all, even though Maria and I weren't feeling our best - I've had a cold/cough for most of vacation so far, and Maria caught it too, but it seemed to be at it's worst Thursday and Friday. Today I am feeling much better. And really, we have so much to be thankful for this holiday season, that a little cold is not enough to ruin the day.
I am a little disappointed that Sam just recently told me that he "really didn't get that much for Christmas." Reality setting in, I think, that he had now played with everything and there was nothing else brand new to discover. Even though I know he's only 7, sometimes I wonder what else he could have expected - when you make a list with 20-some things on it, you're not going to be able to get everything! So I had to remind him of the good things in his life, and how Christmas isn't only about the presents - how we had all that family time together, etc. Not sure he was very impressed, though!
1 comment:
My kids were up at 5:00am and I was able to go back to bed by 9:00am and take a little nap. Not as much to unwrap here either. Hope you all had a great holiday!
Post a Comment