Sunday, May 10, 2009

Maria's Recitals...Finally





Here are a few pictures from Maria's recital last night. She was in both Friday and Saturday nights' shows, but on Friday she just did gymnastics, whereas Saturday she did ballet and gymnastics. Ben went by himself on Friday, since he has not been to any rehearsals and had not seen her perform yet. Also, it was good for me to spend some time with Sam who I did not see much this week. Ben had a good time and said Maria did great, and Sam and I had a movie and chips night and watched WALLE.

Last night we all went including both sets of grandparents. With all of the complaining about the rehearsals, I really do enjoy watching Maria perform and am so proud of how talented she is. I do have to admit, though, I'm glad it's over. It's the first activity to finish as the end of the school year draws nearer, and Tuesday evenings will be much easier now as well with only piano for Maria for a few more weeks.

Tomorrow I am taking her to get her hair cut. She has been growing her bangs out for about nine months, and has been ready for a new, shorter haircut for several weeks. We needed to wait until after the recital was over so that I don't have to worry about it being too short for a bun, so she is so ready to get the haircut tomorrow - we're going right after school. Stay tuned for pictures.

No comments: