

Yesterday was Dad's day at the elementary for Maria (kindergarten doesn't do Dad's day) and "Super Games Day" in the afternoon for the entire school. So Ben took a half personal day and spent it with Maria, where he got to watch her be recognized (each student was recognized for his/her special qualities by their teacher - " Maria taught me that there is power in words. When writing, she taught me to take risks, to not necessarily settle for the easiest word to complete your thoughts, but rather search for the word that is the most descriptive. Maria's writing was always full of dialogue, action, and descriptive and figurative languages"), and experienced the 4th grade wax museum which I saw on Tuesday. I'm sure he did other stuff too, but since I am writing the blog post, that's all I know.
In the past they have spent the afternoon having field day with games, relays, etc. But this year they had "Super Games," with the football field covered in inflatables to play in. The kids all had a blast, and the weather was hot but didn't rain. Neither Ben nor I thought to sunscreen the kids before they left in the morning, so they were both fairly sunburned and are still pink today.
No comments:
Post a Comment