Here's what we've been reading, watching, and listening to lately.
WATCHING:
Ben and I still really like the sitcom Modern Family - it make us laugh out loud, and so few things on TV make us laugh anymore.
The kids love Phineas and Ferb, and I like watching it too. Very clever writing for a kids' cartoon.
We watched the movie The Hangover recently, and enjoyed that as well. I assumed Ben would really like it and I would be thinking, "How many drinks will make this movie funny?" But it was really very funny. We got it from Netflix and actually watched it twice.
And we caught most of the last week of Conan O'Brien last week (on the DVR for me) - we'll miss him.
READING
I love "Molokai," by Alan Brenert. It had a great story and lots of history about the Hawaiian leper colonies which I had no idea about.
Sam's been enjoying the Stink series - the most recent is "Stink and the Great Guinea Pig Express," by Megan McDonald. It is silly and entertaining - he has to be entertained to keep interested in a book.
Maria likes "Mysteries Unraveled: Haunted USA," by Charles Wetzel, which was recommended by a friend at school.
Ben's been reading a lot about running races on the internet and setting up his racing schedule for spring and fall.
LISTENING:
Sam loves the 28 collection of Phineas and Ferb songs. We liked it at first too, but it grows old fast.
Maria likes Phineas and Ferb too, but has been listening to Beauty and the Beast music to get ready for her musical audition tomorrow, and she also likes some Beatles songs after playing Beatles Rock Band.
Ben has been listening "Contra" by Vampire Weekend. And the soundtrack from the movie "Nine."
I listen to whatever the person I happen to be with is listening to - it's easier that way!
No comments:
Post a Comment