When Sam came home from school yesterday he was sick - apparently felt bad most of the day at school but didn't tell the teacher, but she noticed in the afternoon and sent him to the nurse. Since he had no fever, he was sent back to class, and ended up getting sick in the trash can right at the end of the day. His teacher sent a note with the above information, and when he got home he was sick again, and had left most of his packed lunch in his bag. He did have some toast last night, and even though he developed a low grade fever last night, he was tired but didn't feel too horrible.
So I called in sick for today and now this morning he seems pretty good - no fever and ate some breakfast. But his cold is a little worse, so it'll probably be good for him to have a day off and rest.
Staying home while the construction is going on is a little weird - we experienced Monday (MLK Day) as well. The contractors are in and out a lot - they have their own key - and you never know when their activities may interfere with yours. Getting cars out of the garage when you need to can be difficult, as there are sometimes up to three trucks in the driveway at a time. And when the plumber is here I never know if I can do laundry - Monday it interfered with some drain he needed to put in. So even though I'm home today, I won't be able to get caught up on laundry, like I normally might, which is a small price to pay, really.
The construction has slowed some this week, mainly since the electrician only comes every other day. I'm not sure why, and it's not my place to ask since he's really not working for me but the contractor. We were supposed to have the electrical inspected on Monday, but since the electrician isn't done and told me yesterday he wouldn't be back until Monday, I don't think it'll be able to be inspected on Monday. But we're not really surprised by any of this - having been through home remodeling with the addition several years ago. It's just hard not to get impatient!
No comments:
Post a Comment