Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day


Ben and the kids did another great job this Mother's Day. This morning they gave me two gifts - each of which were the kids' ideas - a new large pan to make popcorn and spaghetti in that is lighter and easier to handle than our current one (and can go in the dishwasher!), and a Miami shirt that I can run in. Then we had a relaxing afternoon and evening, and I skipped many of my usual Sunday chores (probably going to feel bad about that later in the week).

And today topped off an awesome weekend. Friday night I had an hour all to myself while the boys were at baseball practice and Maria was next door playing with Lindsey. I just sat in the quiet house and read my book - uninterrupted - for a whole hour. Then Saturday morning I ran in my first race, went out to lunch, and had a great two hour nap. Later Maria and I went shopping for her 4-H project pattern and material, and out to dinner at Red Lobster. (Ben and Sam were supposed to go to a Boy Scout camp out but bailed since it was so cold and windy. Maria did not want to bail on our Girls Night Out plans, however). Saturday evening we all went to the Smiths to celebrate our first race with some well-earned margaritas.

I'm glad it was such an enjoyable weekend - things won't slow down at all now until school's out. This week - four hour long dress rehearsals for Maria's dance recitals on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, then the recitals on Friday and Saturday evenings. On top of Sam's baseball and soccer practices. I'm tired just thinking about it!

No comments: