Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bad Idea


At the fair tonight, one of the kids' favorites rides was called the Musik Express (although it played no music). The ride went around in a circle, up and down a couple of hills, really fast. While waiting in line, we discovered that you had to be at least 52 inches tall to ride, or ride with an adult. Maria was tall enough, Mason and Sam were not. I was with Ben and Andy at this point since Lisa was on another ride with Lindsey. Both men "can't do circle rides." Wimps. So I rode on it with both boys, hoping I wouldn't feel too bad when it was over. Maria had to ride with other kids she didn't know, but was fine with that.

The first half of the ride was fine, even fun. Then it stops. And goes in reverse. Quickly. And it just keeps going and going and going. When I got off and all the kids said "Again, again!" I said I couldn't do it. I didn't feel too bad but was dizzy. Lisa and Lindsey were back by then, so Lisa went on it with them. Then we took them to some other rides.

Later, when each kid only had one ride worth of tickets left, we asked them what their favorite was to ride again, and of course this was the ride. I was feeling better so I said I would go. And didn't think I felt bad. But now that we are home and the kids are in bed, I'm sitting here trying to watch T.V. and the room is spinning. And the longer I sit here the worse I feel. I think I have learned my lesson. But at least the kids had fun.

No comments: