
Last night Ben and his Dad took the kids to a Dayton Dragons game. The kids always have fun watching all of the antics between innings and even paid attention to the game too. Ben said they were well-behaved and had a great time. I enjoyed a relaxing evening at home. The picture is them with Heater the dragon.
When they returned, the four of us had a camp-out in the tent in the backyard. We had promised the kids to do it Saturday night, but the weather was not going to cooperate. We all got in the tent around 11:30 and Maria fell right asleep. Sam sneezed quite a bit - this allergy problem may need medication by the fall, he definitely had more trouble sleeping outside. I told him I would sleep inside with him but he of course said no. Ben and I finally fell asleep, only to be woken at 3:30 by police sirens, and this weird howling noise that seemed alarmingly close. I got ready to go to the bathroom, when Ben told me I might want to wait - the noise was a coyote in the field behind our house. So we laid there hoping to hear the coyote bark again, only farther away, so we knew he was moving away. After a half hour we finally used the flashlight and couldn't see him anywhere, so we both took turns going to the bathroom. I still couldn't get back to sleep, so at 5:00 I gave up and came inside.
I really wanted to sleep in the tent with the kids, but I wasn't getting any sleep! Ben and I are both pretty tired today. But the kids had fun, weren't awakened by the coyote, and we got in our camp-out before the storms this evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment