Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Favorite Thing


This afternoon we returned from my parents house where the kids and I had been staying since Sunday. We go up there every year while Ben's at band camp and its a great opportunity for the kids to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa.

Last night Mom and I both agreed that this year was a fun and easy visit. The kids are finally getting old enough that we can do lots of different activities, and Sam does not meltdown nearly as much as he used to when Ben was away. Just one little fit about his refusal to drink milk - even though that's a rule at home.

Anyway, tonight at dinner Sam was asking each of us what our favorite part about our trip was. This is something we do often, but Sam is the one who makes sure we do it every time we go somewhere. (He even asked me on the way out of the movie yesterday what my favorite part was. Difficult to answer - if anyone else out there has actually seen Space Chimps you'll understand why!)

Anyway, here were the answers to our favorite part about the trip:

Maria: I liked the bumper boats and miniature golf.
Me: I liked the bumper boats too since I have never done it before.
Sam: I liked that Wipe-Out show we watched last night. That was the best part.

Oh the money I could have saved if I had known all he had to do was stay inside and watch Reality TV! Not to mention, he doesn't seem to know that we could be watching that show here, too.

The picture is the three of us in the bumper boats - thanks to Dad for taking the great pictures!

1 comment:

fhsbando said...

I have to see this show for myself to make a valid judgement. It might be my favorite thing too.