The four of us have been going on fairly long bike rides each day since we returned from vacation (I think it's been five days now). We all enjoy it, the kids look forward to our nightly ride, and not only is it fun but I am finally getting some exercise. We have gone to the subdivision on the far side of our road for variety frequently as well.
But this afternoon, with no warning whatsoever, the township put down tar and new gravel over the entire road (at least our half of it). This gravel is not going to be nearly as friendly to ride on -especially for Sam who only mastered riding a couple of weeks ago. Right now its loose and there is tar showing in places. Ben thinks it should get better soon, but I am so disappointed. Tonight a bike ride was out anyway since I had Book Club and Ben took the kids golfing, but we'll see if its rideable tomorrow or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment