The good news is the basement is progressing very nicely. After we primed all surfaces on Tuesday, the construction guys showed up bright and early Wednesday morning and have put in two full days downstairs. The bad news is that we can't paint anything else until they finish a few more things down there. So it was hard to be home from school yesterday while the power tools were going strong down there, and not being able to get any painting done. But they have really accomplished a lot, and they hope to get to a point where we can get a lot more of the painting taken care of this weekend. Here's what's been happening:
They put in all the baseboards - they still need to fill nail holes and sand, then we prime and paint those (hopefully this weekend).
The top of the stair walls is completed - new banister should be coming tomorrow.
Bathroom vanity is put in - plumbing in there is on hold until flooring goes in. The flooring guy just left about an hour ago - we had to pick out linoleum for the bathroom - no one told us we were supposed to do that while at carpet place on Monday. Hoping for the flooring in a week or so - the store owner installs all his own stuff - and lives 5 minutes from us.
All doors are in - but no doorknobs yet until we prime and paint the doors - hopefully this weekend.
Still left to go - new window needs installed and door for over the crawl space opening needs to be constructed.
So we are on the home stretch, which is good because just today, all of a sudden, I hit the wall as far as patience for the construction process. I'm tired of the entire house being dusty. I'm tired of the kids' bathroom floor being dirty from work boots. I'm tired of the plastic on the hallway carpet and the crinkle sound it makes when you walk on it. I'm tired of the floor always being dirty/dusty (OK, part of that is from all the snow boots but I've also hit the wall with all of this stupid snow too). I'm tired of coming home from work (or worse, being here all day) and having to converse with other people all the time - they're nice enough, but I'm ready to go back to the house being just ours.
Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty happy with the construction guys and the quality of their work. I just need it to be over. Soon.
Look for pictures tomorrow night - hoping they get some of their stuff done tomorrow - right now there is so many tools down there its impossible to get any decent pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment