Friday, February 19, 2010

Still Working...


Not surprisingly, the contractors did not get as much down in the basement as they wanted to today, but still enough that we can do quite a bit of painting and/or priming this weekend. We can't get the painting finished, but another big bulk of it completed. We do know for certain that they linoleum will be laid in the bathroom on Thursday, the plumber will be here to install the bathroom on Friday (not sure if he can get the entire thing done in one day or not). Then it will just be finish work and carpet left. I'm glad that its coming together, but just can't wait for it to be done! Today marks 6 full weeks of work time, and I'm really wondering if it will be done in 8, which was the high-end estimate of how long it would take them to complete it. I knew it would probably take longer than promised, but I was really hoping it wouldn't.

The top picture shows a lot of the new work - the top of the stair wall, the dressed-up post (which has to remain since it's load-bearing), the baseboards, and the door over the crawl space in the top right of the picture. The bottom picture shows all their construction crap in the middle of the room.

No comments: