
The first-ever Ben, Maria, and Sam golf outing happened tonight at Marysville Golf Club. I had no idea what to expect with both Maria and Sam along in the cart with me but I was pleasantly surprised. Here's how it works:
I hit from the mens tees, then the kids hit from the 150 yard marker on par 3's and 4's and from the ladies tees on par 3's. It was a logistical challenge all night as I was trying to keep the right club in each kids hands, moving the cart to the next spot, and jockeying for position between the group ahead of us and groups coming up behind us and playing through.
It took us 2.5 hours to play nine holes, which wasn't too bad considering how many shots were being taken. Maria's swing is really coming along and she's hitting her real driver off the tee and getting it up in the air more frequently. She has a picture-perfect swing and is really improving around the the greens and is taking more time with her putts. Sam is becoming more controlled in his swing and is taking a full practice swing before he hits. His swing thoughts were "arms straight and knees bent."
The final scores? Well we weren't going to keep score for Sam since it was his first time out, but after two holes he was upset that he didn't have a score, so I put down his real score on each hole whether he liked it or not. Grand totals: Sam - 84 strokes. Maria - 61 strokes. Maria got a bogey 5 on the final hole and Sam got a 7 on the same hole.
Without having a chance to think about my own golf game on this trip, I shot a 41 with five pars and a birdie. The kids will be coming with me much more often!

No comments:
Post a Comment