Why can't we have just one normal, uneventful day around here? Really, is that too much to ask?
Around noon Maria started complaining about ear pain. It seemed to be on the outside of her ear, so I assumed swimmers ear - she's prone to get ear infections. My only option was to take her to the open hour at the end of the day at the Dr. office, and after waiting an hour, we were told that she has such a build-up of wax in there that the Dr. can't tell which kind of infection it is since she can't see the ear drum. She did say its definitely red in there, so we have an antibiotic for the infection and ear drops to soften the wax. (I'm supposed to use the ear drops until that piece of wax softens enough and falls out. Not sure how I'll know when that happens - I'll just go on when she tells me it doesn't feel clogged anymore.) Ben and I leave for Marathon Key Saturday, so Ben's parents will have to give her medicine while she's with them. Not a big deal, just one more thing to have to remember.
We are still working downstairs, and made some calls today. We have a recommendation of someone to get in touch with to look at the yard and the drainage system - we're calling him tomorrow. And we called the trash company to pick up the oversize stuff Thursday. Stay posted for a picture of the huge trash pile.
No comments:
Post a Comment