Monday, June 9, 2008

Skirt is Almost Done!


Last week it became clear to me that the "Very Easy" skirt pattern that Maria and I had picked out for her 4-H project was still over my head. After a phone call to my Mom to clear up some pattern directions, I had my question answered but still did not feel confident. Rita offered to help too, so this afternoon we headed to Dayton with pattern and sewing machine to get some help.

And after 4 hours of hard work, we almost finished it. The pattern was too difficult for a 9-year-old to do by herself, that's for certain. But between the three of us, we got it done, complete with ruffle at the bottom. Maria did most of the machine sewing, and thank goodness Rita had so much experience, even if it was many years ago. It will be interesting to see what the judges think. Tomorrow Maria and I have to do the bow on the front (I was pretty sure we could do that on our own), and then Maria has some work to do in her workbook. But the most stressful parts are done!

No comments: