Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Summer Wrap-Up

Since I essentially return to work tomorrow, I thought maybe it would help my depression to remind myself of all of the fun things we did this summer. Since the kids are getting older, we are able to do much more as a family, and it been a really great summer. Here are some highlights:
  • Sam had a successful and fun T-ball season
  • Maria completed her 2nd year of Golf camp at Beavercreek golf club
  • Both kids golfed 9 holes with Ben a few times
  • Trips to the city pool
  • Family bike rides after Sam got going on 2 wheels at the beginning of July
  • Visiting friends Dan and Pam in Staunton, Virginia, where Pam is President of Mary Baldwin College
  • Maria's first 4-H/Fair experience, including making the skirt with Grandma K., taking first place in Skillathon and Honorable Mention for the skirt
  • Being a part of Miami friend Norm's wedding, seeing old friends and enjoying a great weekend on Oxford
  • Traveling to Marathon Key to celebrate David, Suzy, Jon, and G.J.'s 40th birthdays (and a short no-kids vacation was certainly nice too)
  • Ben's annual birthday party, with special appearances by some friends we haven't seen in over 10 years (great to see you, Jim and Chris!)
  • Enjoyed great seats at a Dayton Dragons game
  • Camped out in the backyard - I even slept in the tent, for most of the night
  • Campfires (with margaritas) with neighbors Andy, Lisa, Mason and Lindsey
  • Attending Union County Fair with Andy, Lisa, Mason, and Lindsey (I should NOT have gone on the music-less Music Express
  • Spending time with both sets of grandparents, with and without Mom and Dad
  • Play Date-a-Palooza complete with jumping castle
  • Visit to Zoombezi Bay
  • Indianapolis vacation including Connor Prairie, Indy speedway, Children's Museum, and DCI Finals

And I'm sure there are many other things I've forgotten to list. It's been great, but it is time to back and face reality. And the kids need some focus and structure to their day (and I probably do to), although not being able to sleep until 7:30-8:00 every day is really going to suck.

No comments: