This afternoon I taught Maria how to make a book cover out of a paper bag. Her Science book is very wide and the kids are not allowed to use the elastic kind because they break the binding on such a large book. So she brought it home and we had to do it "old school."
We sat down on the living room floor, which is where I always covered my books as a kid. And it really brought all of those memories back. I can't believe that I am doing this with my child already - it was so long ago that I was that age but certain things stick in your memory for no reason at all. And covering my books on the living room floor on the first day of school is one of those memories for me. I'm glad I get to share this experience with my daughter (and as a bonus, we reused her "Me" bag from an assignment earlier this week - better than recycling even)!
No comments:
Post a Comment