Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Maria's First Band Concert




It was such a great experience being a band dad last night at Maria's 5th grade band concert.  Mind you, it IS a little different that most band dads' experiences because I happened to be on the podium during it, but it was still pretty cool.  Maria has been a great flute player this year, especially with keeping up with all of her other activities including dance, gymnastics, piano, Beauty and the Beast, basketball, and D.I.

She went early to the concert with me and even helped set up chairs and stands and mats and the like.  She's also kind of my little "junior director" by answering questions from other band members like "where am I supposed to go" or "what do I need to bring".  She's also the leading "Shhhhhhh-er" when I'm trying to get the maniacs all settled and listen to me.  The band played Frere Jacques, Old MacDonald, Sakura Sakura, and Hard Rock Blues and were very well received by the crowd.  I got many compliments on the band's performance and several on Maria's in specific.  She was sitting in the middle of the front row and always had a huge smile on her face, that is when she wasn't playing her flute. lol.  I couldn't ask for a better helper, flutist, or daughter.

1 comment:

Rita Keller said...

Thank-you, thank-you for the pictures and video. Wish we could have been there. We are proud of both of you.