Here's what's been going on the last few days:
Maria's room is finally painted. It's white with one accent wall that is blue. Ben put the final touches on last night, and tonight she will sleep in there, with the mattress on the floor and the rest of her furniture scattered about. It's not worth it to put the whole room back together because...
Wednesday the carpet will be installed. Both kids are getting new carpet (their current carpet is from when the house as built in 1989!). That means Tuesday after school Ben will move every piece of furniture out of their rooms and take up the old carpet and padding. We didn't want to pay extra to have them do it - depending on how this goes, it may be the last time we do it this way. Ben took Wednesday off to be here when it's installed - then he'll be able to put things back. Maria's loft (which is in pieces in the basement and garage) will also be out up then.
This means that everything will be done before Ben takes his band trip to Chicago Friday through Sunday, thank goodness.
Sam's third soccer game was today - I took some video which we'll post later. IF they were allowed to keep score, Sam's team would have won. They also would have won last week. Sam has yet to score any goals. He does get in there with the ball most of the time, he's just not as aggressive as some of his teammates. Grandma and Grandpa Keller came to watch today. It was cold and windy, but at least it didn't rain!
Ben will golf for the first time this season tomorrow. Looks like he'll have a nice morning before the wet and cold weather moves in tomorrow afternoon.
Maria is over halfway through the book I picked out for her at the library and says she loves it. I will believe it for certain when she actually finishes it. I have yet to start "Women in Flight." I'm trying to finish "Atonement" for book club first but it looks like that may not happen. I have to keep up my part of the bargain!
No comments:
Post a Comment