Yes, my washing machine broke down in the middle of the 2nd load this morning. I had about 5 more loads to go, including towels, clothes and sheets. I tend to put off all laundry until Sunday, and then spend all day Sunday doing it. The advantage to this is that I am here to remove loads as soon as they are dry, which cuts down tremendously on my ironing (I actually hardly ever iron anything unless it's a special occasion - working Moms can't do it all, and I choose to give up ironing). Anyway, the sheets were in the dryer and the washer was in the middle of the first load of clothes, when an alarm started going off and the dryer stopped working. I checked the error code, and it had something to do with the drain or drain pump. So when Ben got home from the grocery, I let him look into the matter more closely.
The pain about all this was that since the washer wasn't draining, it was full of water which had to be dumped out (pitcher by pitcher) before he could even get started. He spent a couple of hour cleaning the drain and hose and drain pump, including using the shop vac to pump out the excess water. Turns out we need a new drain pump (you can tell by the noise it makes it's just not working), and of course the parts store in Columbus was closed today. The earliest Ben will be able to get there is Tuesday. Luckily, I did two loads yesterday morning, so we should have enough clothes to get by as long as it gets fixed by mid-week. After that, we may have to start pulling pants out of the laundry basket.
No comments:
Post a Comment