
Sam didn't have a parent teacher conference (they're not until January), but today his teacher sent home some assessment and feedback on each child's progress so far. I've included a page from his journal (so cute!) and additional information was as follows:
Letter ID: 26/26
Sound ID: 21/26
Journal Notes: "Doing well writing. Using punctuation."
Other comments:
Behavior concerns: "None" (YAY!)
Academic Concerns: "Sam has really taken off! He is reading! Journal looks great. Keep up the good work."
Other Comments: "What a sweetie! Love his dimples." Don't we all?
So glad he is doing so well. Sometimes, when I picked him up from pre-school two years ago and had to sign behavior forms because he had misbehaved repeatedly, I was really worried about how he would do in school. Looking back, we really wonder if some of that behavior was because his communication skills were so lacking that the teacher couldn't understand what he needed and he lost his temper. Some of the problems were directly related to his stubborn nature, as well. I'm just glad he is doing so well now.
No comments:
Post a Comment