Tonight we had Maria's parent/teacher conference. (Sam's isn't until January, after the first set of testing for kindergartners.) Ben and I both went, and the kids played on the playground while we talked with Maria's teacher, Mr. Hammond. Things went well - she's doing great in everything. He did have a couple of areas to work on improvement, but it was a very good report. He said the thing that stands out most about her is that she takes her time and does her best work on every single assignment, always only handing in her best work. I sure hope she continues to do that - as a high school teacher I can tell you that quality is not very common! He also observed that she is very quiet (I always was in school too, if you can believe that) but loves to participate in class.
When it was time to go, Sam cried because he did not want to leave the playground. The after-school Panther Paws were playing also, so he was with his friends. Ben and I observed three girls running up to hug him when he arrived on the playground - apparently the girls all still love him. Anyway, Sam cried the entire ride home, and then for about 10 minutes after we got here. He still can cry a lot when he doesn't get his way - still waiting for him to grow out of that! But at least he wasn't kicking and screaming, just crying.
No comments:
Post a Comment