Afterwards, we went bowling. It was either bowling or ice skating, and ice skating only had one hour of open skating today, so bowling it was. We all had fun, and everyone had at least a spare or a strike. But the big news - I won! I beat Ben! Only by 3 points, and while I was ahead through the whole game, it looked like he might get me in the end. By the time we left the bowling alley it was packed - no school for both us and Marysville today meant a lot of people had the same idea we did.
Later the kids played in the melting snow with Mason. And we've had a pretty lazy rest of the day, except for Sam's half hour tantrum because he decided he wanted to play Maria's new Nintendo game more than his own, and she was still playing it. He actually cried and said "Please Mommy" over and over again for 15 minutes straight while I tried to ignore him. Then when he realized he wouldn't win, the tears dried up immediately and he wanted to play Guitar Hero. Three minutes later Maria came in and said he could play her game now - but he was into Guitar Hero and didn't want to anymore. This, on top of wearing my glasses all day (I have a Lasik appointment Monday morning and have to keep contacts out for three days prior), is giving me a headache. Right now all is quiet again and we're enjoying it while it lasts.
No comments:
Post a Comment