The good news is that Maria did a fantastic job on her recital piece. The recital lasted about an hour, and Maria was just about in the middle of the 26 performers. She was one of only two students who played her piece from memory and she seemed extremely proud of this fact and pleased with her performance. She's our little performer - it was obvious that she was much more accustomed to being on stage than many of the other kids. Sam helped pick out a bouquet of flowers before he and I came to the recital. Lisa went early with Maria for pictures and Sam and I did swim lessons first then headed to the event. Maria's friend Emma also did a great job and they sat next to each other during the whole concert and congratulated each other and dished out the hugs as well. Sam was an angel during the whole recital, doing some air drumming to the music at times, but spent most of the time drawing and coloring on a clipboard with Lisa. We're quite proud of him as well. One of his best performances as a spectator.
When we came out of the church, it was snowing like crazy! The wind is making quite a few drifts, so we're not sure what the status for school is yet for tomorrow. Honestly, we want to go at this point. We're out of snow days.
The bad news is that the camera wasn't quite started up when I pushed the "record" button, so I didn't get the actual recital on film. I do have a stunning rendition of the camera pointed at the floor immediately after her time on stage, though. Sorry about that. In lieu, we did an "encore presentation" after we got home so you all can enjoy the sounds of Antonin Dvorak.
No comments:
Post a Comment