Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Computer is Fixed!

Sunday Ben took the computer into Apple - FINALLY - and was told that it was the hard drive.  The very nice repairman told him to go buy his own and replace it, and didn't charge him anything for this advice.  So after two trips to Microcenter, Ben was able to put in the new hard drive and start restoring all of our programs.  Total cost - $85, plus the gas to go back to Microcenter a second time since the salesman told him the wrong kind on the first trip.  So I thought things would be back to normal - that Ben would not obsess about the computer ALL the time anymore.

But as usual, I was wrong.  Apparently one of our wireless substations is not working (the one that allows the computer to play music through our stereo speakers).  And while this seems minor, Ben can't stand that there is still something that doesn't work and spent hours last night trying to figure that out.  I personally think that living without convenience may be fairly easy to live with.  Especially if fixing it is going to cost more money!  We'll see if I'm right.

No comments: