Sam received an invitation this week to a birthday party of a classmate, Lily, who is in his pre-school class. Lily is also the daughter Maria's third grade teacher, who Maria just loves. Apparently the thought of Sam going to this party (which is at the bowling alley) without her was too much to take. After school conversation the next day:
Maria: "Oh and Mommy...I asked Mrs. Pearson if I could go to Lily's party to help out and she said that would be fine."
Me: So you invited yourself to the party?"
Maria: "No, Mrs. Pearson said it would be alright."
So I explained to her that it is still a form of inviting herself. And how its not fair for Sam to go to a party with Big Sister looking over his shoulder. Then I e-mailed Mrs. Pearson and thanked her for allowing Maria to go, but that she would not be able to - that it wouldn't be fair for Sam. This whole thing just really surprised me - especially the fact that she asked her teacher before checking with us first - I think she knew we would say "No" and thought we would not be able to do anything about it once Mrs. Pearson said yes.
The other funny thing - we have Lindsey's birthday party that same day, so its not like Maria won't have anything to do while Sam is gone. I think maybe the bowling part of the whole thing is what really got to her - we went bowling for the first time last week and she loved it.
No comments:
Post a Comment