Sunday, October 26, 2008

High School Musical 3


Friday night I took the kids to see High School Musical 3. Ben had his last football game (Yay! No play-offs!) and so we went without him even though he was missed. We wanted to see it in a stadium seating theatre, so the kids could see easily, which meant we had to drive to Columbus. And the weather didn't cooperate - between the pouring rain and being at rush hour, the drive to the theatre took much longer than expected. But we still got there in plenty of time, after a rushed dinner at McDonald's. Maria and I got popcorn to share (even though we forgot to put butter on it at first - a Ben job) and Sam got a pack of Sour Patch Kids candy. About 15 minutes into the movie Sam started complaining of a stomach ache (I assume from eating all that candy) and ended up watching the movie laying down on my lap. He never threw up, thank goodness, and was able to enjoy the movie more by the end.

The movie was awesome. Tons of singing and dancing, and happy ending all around. Maria loved it, and Sam liked it too even though he wasn't feeling his best. When we left the theatre, it was still pouring rain, so it was another long drive home. Sam fell asleep in the car - when we got home at 9:30 I carried him in, put his pajamas on and he went straight to bed. He usually complains about not getting a snack before bed, no matter how late we may get home, but he went right to bed without complaint. Maria was in bed by 9:45, and I wasn't up for long after that. We had an early morning on Saturday - needing to leave at 7:45 for Oxford for Miami Homecoming.

No comments: