Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sam's Last Soccer Game


Last night was Sam's last soccer game of the season. Between the awesome coach, Sam's success, and the mild weather, I hated to see this season end. And I can safely say I've never felt that way about a soccer season in the two years since he started to play. He's had a great season, with a coach who focuses on ball handling, plays engaging games at the practices so the kids practice skills and don't get bored, and is very encouraging and full of praise on the field. In addition, Sam has been pretty focused during the games, and really goes after the ball. His ball handling skills have imporved greatly, and he scored at least one goal at most of the games. Gage being on his team and having friends to sit with at each game was nice also - even Maria had a friend there to play with. All in all, a great fall season of soccer.

Sam is asking to play basketball next so we are looking into that. I think the Fairbanks youth league plays on Saturday mornings so both kids may be able to play (Maria really want s to play too).

No comments: