Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Maria News

Maria finally lost her tooth today. It has been hanging by a thread for a while now, and it finally fell out in Science class today. Mrs. Hall gave her a little tooth box to put it in and it hangs around her neck. She left it out for the tooth fairy tonight.

Tonight was also Parent Observation night at ballet and gymnastics. This is her fifth year of ballet, her second of gymnastics. She has Miss Patty in ballet this year, after four years of Miss Krista, Patty's daughter. And this year seems much tougher to me. They spent a lot of time working their muscles, holding positions and perfecting different poses. My muscles were tired just watching her. But she did well and I was proud of her.

Then we moved to Gymnastics. There are only 3 girls in her class, only two were there tonight. So Maria gets tons of individual attention, and is working on all kinds of new stuff, none of which I remember the names of. Back and front walkovers, etc. She can do a cartwheel on the balance beam, which is pretty impressive. I think her skills have improved so much since the last time I watched her in the spring. Both teachers told me that Maria is doing well. Miss Christina (gymnastics) was appreciative of how coachable Maria is - how well she follows directions and takes criticism and works hard to improve.

Tomorrow evening we go get fish for our tank. We have sucessfully kept the thermometer in the green zone and have some idea of how long we need to run the lights each day to keep it there. We are trying to prepare the kids for the possibility of fish death, especially in the beginning. Look for updates tomorrow night - I will try to post fish pictures tomorrow.

No comments: